Multi-award-winning, bilingual artist Rei (2020 Best Hip Hop Album, Waiata Māori Music Awards) and Prestige, one of the most dynamic dance crews in Aotearoa and first ever New Zealand representatives to win the World Hip Hop championships, will headline the finals performance on the Kiri Te Kanawa Theatre stage.
Up for grabs at the final event is… major street cred! Plus prizes which include either a studio session with leading choreographer Joshua Cesan (IDCO) for dance groups, or a session in a recording studio for vocalists.
Sat 6 & Sat 13 March 12.00pm - 3.00pm
Competitors must arrive by 11.00am
Festival Garden, Aotea Square
Sat 20 March 4.00pm
Kiri Te Kanawa Theatre, Aotea Centre
Want to be part of it?
Pre-registration is essential and closes on Fri 12 Feb.
• Up to six performers
• Must choreograph a routine to a song from a New Zealand artist (we are supporting our local artists all throughout the Festival)
• Routines should be three minutes or less
• Two age groups: 11–14 years and 15–18 years
• Dancefloor dimensions to come
• Must be 18 years of age or younger as at 4 March 2021
• Covers of songs by New Zealand artists are allowed
• One accompanist is allowed – guitar or keyboards