Booking Your Tickets
Book multiple shows online
Our Shopping Kete/Basket is still under construction and once live, you'll be able to book multiple shows. Once live you add shows to your Kete by clicking on the Kete icon and then when you are ready to purchase, open your Kete and click the Buy All button to complete your booking.
When buying via the Kete, seats are allocated on a best available basis within the Reserve you choose.
Book individual shows online
Book shows individually and have greater choice of seats with the Buy Now button.
Ticketmaster (all shows): 09 970-9700 Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
Q Theatre*: 09 309 9771
ASB Waterfront Theatre*: 0800 282 849
Māngere Arts Centre | Ngā Tohu o Uenuku (Sorry For Your Loss): 09 262 5789
Hawkins Theatre*: 09 297 7712
*For shows at this venue only
Aotea Centre (all shows): 50 Mayoral Drive, Auckland Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm
Bruce Mason Centre (all shows): 1 The Promenade, Takapuna Beach
Q Theatre*: 305 Queen Street, Auckland
ASB Waterfront Theatre*: 138 Halsey Street, Auckland
Māngere Arts Centre | Ngā Tohu o Uenuku (Sorry For Your Loss): Corner Bader Dr & Orly Ave, Māngere
Hawkins Theatre*: 13 Ray Small Dr, Papakura
*For shows at this venue only
Door sales are available at the venue 90 mins prior to each performance, unless sold out or otherwise indicated.
Tickets can be received via mobile (Ticketmaster only) or email (other ticketing partners)
Mobile (available through Ticketmaster only)
Mobile tickets are preferred. They’re safe, secure, and sustainable and you only need to remember your phone! You can even forward tickets to others in your group. Click HERE to find out more.
Print at home
Print at home tickets are emailed to you and are available from ASB Waterfront Theatre, Q Theatre, and Eventfinda. You can print them before you arrive or show them on your phone.
Venue collect is offered for most shows. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the show time to collect them from the venue box office.
As long as you book well in advance, you can request your tickets be mailed to you. Most ticketing providers will add an additional postage or courier fee.
A limited amount of Early Bird tickets are available for most shows across selected reserves from Wednesday 11 November 7.00pm until Thursday 31 December 11.59pm or until allocations are exhausted.
14 and under. Where there is no Child price, Under 30 price applies.
Seniors 65+ with a SuperGold card, Community Services cardholders, and tertiary students with valid student ID.
Groups of six or more.
Available for most shows across a selected range of seats for anyone under the age of 30 as at date of performance. Proof of age is needed to gain entry.
50% off selected shows and reserves for tertiary students with student ID. Available only at the venue box office on the day of the performance. Shows eligible for student rush are announced each day of the Festival via our social media channels.
Selected shows are available for school group bookings. Book directly through AAF. See For Schools for details.
Access & Inclusion
A range of events are NZSL-interpreted, Audio-described, Relaxed, or offer accessibly priced tickets. Book directly through AAF unless otherwise indicated. See Access & Inclusion for details.
Seating & Reserves
General Admission (GA)
First in, first served. Arrive early to ensure the best choice of seat or position. Some GA events are standing and will be labelled as such if this is the case.
The best seats, usually located in the centre of the Stalls and front rows of the Circle or Balcony.
A Reserve (A Res)
The best seats if Premium is not offered, or the next best seats located next to Premium.
B Reserve (B Res)
Views of the far edges of the stage may be obstructed but will not affect your view of the action.
C Reserve (C Res)
Located at the far back or sides. May include sight or sound restrictions.
If you have wheelchair, hearing loop, or other seating requirements, please phone the ticketing provider. See Booking Your Tickets for contact details.
The Festival may run special offers for selected shows. Offers may be communicated on the website (Special Offers), via email newsletters, and/or via social media channels including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Some special offers may be limited to specific groups and no refunds apply for those who may have already purchased tickets.
Booking fees and credit card charges apply to most tickets.
Online/App – $5 per transaction
Phone – $11 per transaction
Box Office – $2.50 per ticket
Credit Card – a fee of no more than 2.3% per transaction applies to all credit card payments.
Delivery – a courier fee between $5.50 – $9 applies if you choose to have your tickets couriered. There is no additional charge for regular post, e-tickets or venue collection.
Online – $3 per ticket, $10 maximum
Phone – $10 per transaction
Box Office – $1 per ticket, $10 maximum
Credit Card – a fee of 3% per transaction applies to all credit card payments
Delivery – a $2 per transaction fee applies if you choose to have your tickets posted. There is no additional charge for e-tickets or venue collection.
ASB Waterfront Theatre
ASB Waterfront Theatre does not charge booking or delivery fees, however a fee of 2.5% per transaction applies if paying by credit card.
Terms & Conditions
Festival and Ticketing
- Auckland Arts Festival shows are ticketed through our official ticketing partners: Ticketmaster, ASB Waterfront Theatre, Q Theatre, and Eventfinda. To ensure you are purchasing genuine tickets please buy via the AAF website, which links directly to our partners, or through our partners directly. We cannot guarantee your tickets will be valid if you purchase through any other channels.
- Information on this website is correct at the time of publication. The Festival reserves the right to alter, without notice, any events, programmes or artists.
- Ticket prices include GST but exclude booking fees. See Your Tickets for details.
- Some seats, other than Premium and A Reserve seats, may have sightline or sound restrictions. See Your Tickets for descriptions of our reserves and seat types.
- All tickets are subject to availability. They are restricted by offer dates and the number of seats available in a given reserve or price type.
- Latecomers may be excluded from the show or admitted only at a suitable point in the performance. Latecomers are not entitled to transfers or refunds.
- All sales are final and there are no refunds or exchanges except as required by law.
Competitions and Giveaways
- Competitions and giveaways are communicated via our website, e-newsletter, and/or social channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Auckland Festival Trust competitions are in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or over.
- Auckland Festival Trust employees and their immediate family are not eligible to apply.
- One entry per person, per competition.
- Winners are drawn at random on the date communicated.
- Winners are notified by email. If a response isn’t received in 48 hours, another winner will be drawn.
- Auckland Festival Trust reserves the right to publish the name of the winner through our social media channels.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Some specific terms and conditions for individual prizes may apply.
COVID-19 Terms & Conditions
Specific Covid-19 Ticketing Terms & Conditions for Auckland Arts Festival 2021
- We ask you to play your part and not attend an Auckland Arts Festival (AAF) performance if the following applies to you or any members of your group:
- You have COVID-19 or are awaiting the results from a COVID-19 test
- You are currently subject to a 14-day isolation period
- You are feeling unwell with symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/running nose, loss of sense of smell and/or taste)
- You have come into close contact with any known or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- A refund may be authorised by AAF due to any of the reasons outlined in Clause 1. If your booking is as part of a group, you are of course very welcome to pass your ticket on to another friend or family member.
- In the event AAF needs to cancel a performance due to COVID-19, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- You agree that we may have to share your personal data with the Ministry of Health for the purposes of contract tracing.
- The primary ticket purchaser (account holder) is responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in their group (including their full name, contact email and contact phone number). In the event the primary ticket purchaser is contacted directly by the Ministry of Health for the purposes of contact tracing, they must make these details available to the Ministry of Health for that purpose.
- By entering the venue, you agree to comply with all COVID-19 related instructions displayed at your performance venue at the time. Failure to do so may mean you will be removed from the venue.
To get in touch regarding exchanges or to apply for a refund due to COVID-19, you need to contact your point of purchase. Contact details for AAF ticket agencies can be found under Booking Your Tickets.