Personal information can include, but is not limited to: name, email address, phone number, address, and date of birth
How personal information is collected
– Registering for AAF communications such as our newsletter. - Participating in a competition, giveaway or survey administered by the Festival.
– Submitting a Contact Information Card where contact tracing is required.
– Registering for a Festival masterclass, community participation or free event.
– Purchasing a ticket for our Schools or Access & Inclusion programmes (these tickets are administered by the Festival).
– Purchasing a ticket for a Festival show or event. General public sales are administered by third party providers Ticketmaster, ASB Waterfront Theatre, Q Theatre, and Eventfinda.
How this information is used
– Communicating AAF news, information about upcoming events, and promotions for ticket sales and other revenue-generating elements for our non-profit operations.
– Contact tracing as required by the government.
– Communicating changes about a show or event for which you have registered or purchased a ticket.
– Survey information is used to report to our funders, sponsors, and board and to help plan future festivals. In the case of surveys, only aggregate information is reported. Information that would personally identify an individual is never shared.
– If you have purchased a ticket through one of our third party providers and have opted to hear from the promoter, you agree to receive e-news and other updates from AAF directly.
Non-identifying information can include, but is not limited to: website and page visits, number of tickets purchased, and number of tickets sold to individual shows.
How non-identifying information is collected
– Visiting the AAF website or the website of one of our ticketing providers.
– Registering for a free AAF event or show.
– Purchasing a ticket to an AAF event or show.
How this information is used
We use non-identifying and statistical information to better design our website, plan future festivals, and gauge audience engagement.
Occasionally we will reveal statistical information about our site, such as number of visitors, pages viewed, etc., but we will never reference visitors' names or other personally identifiable information.
Keeping Information Safe
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We do not share personally identifiable information with outside parties except to the extent required by law or necessary to the safe operation of the Festival. Your details are never sold, rented, or viewed by any third-party organisation. Your information is never used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Opting Out, Updating and Removing Your Information
To opt-out of our email communication use the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the latest email you’ve received from us.
To opt-out of posted communication, including brochures, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 09 309 0101.
If you require access to your personal information held by AAF, to update your information, or request that your information be removed, please make a request in writing by emailing email@example.com Any personally identifiable information will be deleted or destroyed but we may retain aggregate or statistical information for the purposes of record keeping or reporting.
Photography/Filming at Events
By attending a Festival event or show you consent to AAF or third parties appointed by AAF to photograph and film you. AAF or third parties appointed by AAF can broadcast, publish, license and use any photographs, film, recordings and images of you without compensation. AAF, the third parties, and licensees are not liable to you in any way for its use.
Third Party Services
We use ticketing partners to provide our ticketing services. These are Ticketmaster, ASB Waterfront Theatre, Q Theatre, and Eventfinda. We also use third party services, such as Google Analytics to report website usage. Auckland Festival Trust is not responsible for the privacy practices of these services, or for the content and polices of other organisations linked via our website. Please visit the privacy policies of these third-party sites in order to understand their privacy and data collection practices.